Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Coming Home - December 2, 2010

I was found by Mommy and Daddy and it was love at first sight!

I was born in Sutton, West Virginia. Mommy and Daddy traveled 4 1/2 hours to adopt me. 

Daddy came back into the shelter pens to get me. He was so warm and happy to see me. I hadn't gotten this much attention in a long time. He took me right out to Mommy and I was ecstatic! I licked her all over and climbed all over her. I was so happy to be held! They signed some papers then they carried me outside. I was a little nervous because I didn't know what was going on. Mommy got some blankets and toys out of the backseat while Daddy held me in his lap up front. I was so excited I couldn't contain myself. I wouldn't stay in the box they brought for me, I found it much more comfortable to be in Daddy's lap and keep him busy!

My sister, Branneah, also came home with us but I'll explain that shortly. Mommy drove for about an hour but she needed to stretch and wanted to hold me for a little while. She stopped at a Dairy Queen and swapped places with Daddy. I played with Mommy and she showed me some of my new toys. I'd never had a toy before so I was a little confused at first, but quickly caught on.

Mommy was quite comfortable so I curled up on her lap and fell asleep. I'd never felt so warm and protected before. I'd also never had a warm place to sleep so this was a wonderful change! I slept for about an hour then woke up and started whining. Mommy tried everything she could to figure out what I wanted, but then I had an accident... but Mommy wasn't mad. She knew I was whining to try to find a place to go, which in a car is almost impossible! We stopped at a Rest Stop so Mommy and Daddy could switch places again. 

Daddy played with me the rest of the way home. We finally got home at 6 pm. The trip was a total of 9 1/2 hours for Mommy and Daddy, just for me! We didn't go directly to my new home. Mommy and Daddy had to go by my new grandparent's house, Al and Vickie, so they could meet my sister Branneah. She would end up moving in with them once Christmas Vacation started for them. She would temporarily live with us until they were able to take her. I love my sister and all, but I'm glad she has her own home because I LOVE being the center of attention and spoiled (but don't tell Mommy and Daddy!)

Anyways, we stayed at their house for about 30 minutes. Then it was off to the place I would call home. Mommy and Daddy already had another dog, Storm, who is 7 years old. She smelled me and my sister from a mile away! I heard her barking hysterically inside the house and Daddy ran to open the door. We were introduced one at a time and very slowly shown to Storm. I wanted to play immediately but Storm was somewhat weary of me. Mommy and Daddy took us into the kitchen temporarily because our play pen they bought had arrived earlier that day... and hadn't been set up yet. Mommy went upstairs to make a space for it and then Daddy went upstairs to put it together. 

Once we were upstairs I couldn't figure out what to do first. There was fresh water, plenty of puppy food, and toys galore. All for us! Like I said, I never had toys before so it was wonderful! After about 15 minutes of exploring, I was exhausted. My sister and I curled up on the nice bed that was made for us and went to sleep... for about 30 minutes! 

This is how I found my parent's and began a wonderful new life in a warm loving home. 

I'll write about my first week in the next blog. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. You are a special angel and you are sooooo lucky to have such wonderful angels for your mommy and daddy. I look forward to hear about more of your fantastic adventures! From your friend Shannon from Southern California!